Operations and Talent Manager
Safe Passages is a Nonprofit Organization located in Oakland, California
Mission: Safe Passages disrupts the cycle of poverty by engaging youth and families to build and drive a continuum of services that supports student success and community development.
Safe Passages’ work is based on the premises that access to educational opportunity, health services, and family support should not be dictated by race or socioeconomic status, and that healthy and supported young people are better prepared to learn and succeed.
The Operations Manager will work under the direction of the CEO and works closely with the Controller to oversee daily office operations and personnel administration.
- Ensure smooth operation of the central office, including calendar management and monitoring, and ordering office supplies.
- Provide executive assistance to the CEO.
- Create and implement systems necessary to ensure effective day-to-day office operation and organizational function.
- IT management including coordinating with technology vendors when staff support is needed.
- Prepare a broad range of submission packets and board dockets.
- Develop and update organizational forms, protocols, as needed.
- File governmental forms on an annual basis.
- Work with Insurance (Liability and Workers Comp) vendors for insurance renewals and maintain insurance certificates for all programs.
- Secure locations/facilities for staff trainings, handle logistics such as catering, attendee lists, etc.
- Maintain the staff calendar which includes all holidays and employee requested vacation dates.
- Work with building management to oversee central office facilities.
- Oversee personnel administration and supervise orientation of new employees.
- Coordinate candidate onboarding to include: background screening, education and employment verification, fingerprinting, new hire paperwork processing.
- Data entry in HRIS program (Zenefits) and QBO.
- Work with site and program supervisors to develop and post job descriptions/announcements.
- Train supervisors on personnel processes, procedures and requirements.
- Work with Payroll/Benefits Manager to ensure update.
- Update and maintain personnel information including policies and HR documents.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years previous administrative experience.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive material and situations,
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in executive administrative support and general office procedures.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation depends on experience.
- Safe Passages offers very generous benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), Life Insurance, STD and LTD, FSA plans, and retirement program.
Employment Classification: This is a full-time position
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To Apply send Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Passages is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities