AmeriCorps Positions Available
Are you passionate about community service? Do you want to contribute to meaningful change?
Safe Passages is recruiting AmeriCorps Members for the 2020-2021 academic year. By choosing a term of service with AmeriCorps, you will have the opportunity to help meet critical needs for vulnerable populations in Alameda County, CA. As a member of our AmeriCorps team you will develop professional skills, gain hands-on experiences that will reshape your worldview, and change the way you engage with your community — all while making a difference!
About Safe Passages
Safe Passages is a non-profit organization committed to advocating for children, youth, and families in Alameda County. Safe Passages has two AmeriCorps program: the ELEV8 Youth Program and Super Stars Literacy.
Elev8 Youth Program
The ELEV8 Youth Program is a special project of Safe Passages, a non-profit organization committed to advocating for children, youth, and families in Alameda County. AmeriCorps Members provide academic intervention to small group of students with the goal of improving their academic achievement by one full functional grade level. Members will be placed in our partner schools throughout Oakland Unified and New Haven Unified school districts.
Super Stars Literacy Program
The Super Stars Literacy program is an early literacy intervention program that provides in-school and after-school services to K-2nd grade students whose low literacy skills place them at high risk of later academic failure. AmeriCorps Members provide literacy intervention with the goal of helping students reach grade level by 3rd grade.
- Minimum hours completed by end of July 2021; working 8.5 hours daily, between 8:00am– 6:00pm.
- Eligible for a living allowance stipend and a post-service Education Award upon completion of program.
- Training in youth development and ongoing professional development.
- Gain experience in a school environment, CPR/First Aid, Social-Emotional Support for youth, student management techniques & more!
- Provide academic assessments and interventions for small groups of students.
- Facilitate after school academic enrichment and engagement activities.
- Organize and facilitate service-learning projects.
- Complete reporting activities such as data collection, data entry, and program activity logs.
- Provide outreach to families by participating in family engagement activities.
To apply or receive more information: https://goo.gl/forms/IvAb8S0NXLDHEmwx2